Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yen Yen taiwan streetfood restaurant

After our check up in the hospital,we usually eat out afterwards as it take a long time to finish waiting for the doctor. We ended up in Yen yen restaurant which claims Taiwan street food. Before the check up I was browsing the net as I came upon a promo as they have turned 1 year old. They have a promo for the whole month of April its one pesos for your second bowl of noodles. I said great we will eat there after the check up.

When the check up was the done we were starving as it was already past 1 pm. We reached Yen Yen about 1:15 pm. We ordered two bowls of soup to avail of the promo. It is you pay 1 peso for the second bowl which is lower in price. So we got the same price different noodle soups. (Taiwan beef braised noodle soup and Taiwan beef and herb noodle soup both Php 220. (which i thinks is quite expensive for a bowl of noodles) We ordered also dumplings Php140 for 8 pieces
 The braised beef was ok. It was like beef stew with noodles. As you can see in the photo the large chunk of carrot and the radish. Saving grace was the texture and quality of the noodles, as it was fresh and soft. You may cut it even if your did not have teeth at all. The herb soup was unsatisfactory as my wife kept getting soup from my bowl. The dumplings on the other hand was I think under cooked as it felt rubbery. Lets put it this way, it was harder then the noodles.

For me even if it had the promo for the noodles, I would rethink if I would eat there. I would eat there and tryout  other dishes. but for the noodles,I had better. Not sulit

really? soup for 220 pesos, the bowl is not even that big.

No comments:

Post a Comment